Talk To Me In Korean is a website and community where learning Korean is presented in a fun and interesting way. Learning another language may not be easy, but our company strives to make language learning enjoyable and accessible to everyone. At Talk To Me In Korean, we know that learning a new language can be a lot of fun, especially when you are a part of a welcoming and encouraging community with teachers and other learners. We hope that TalkToMeInKorean is just that: a community that motivates and nurtures learners to develop their language skills in fun and innovative ways. TalkToMeInKorean started in 2009, and thanks to the over 1.73 million people who have studied with us and have shown us support, we can continue working hard to make Korean learning more enjoyable for more people!
As our site and community reaches more people in different parts of the globe, we are looking for additional office support through our new internship program.
Interning at TTMIK
At TTMIK, we are currently looking for people who can assist in the fields of translating, proofreading, video editing, and design.
Since translations are a difficult task and require a higher-level command of two languages, we are looking for advanced speakers of Korean who are also native speakers of other languages. You will be in charge of translating things such as lesson plans, lessons, e-books, and much more.
* Most of our lessons are translated into English, so native English speakers are in higher demand at the moment. However, if you are a native speakers of another language, we encourage you to apply.
2. Proofreader/ Editor:
Proofreaders are required to check over lesson plans, lessons, e-books, e-mails, etc. Once again, most of our content is written in English, so English native speakers are preferred.
* Those with strong writing skills and experience with proofreading are preferred.
3. Video Editor:
Video editor interns will be in charge of editing the many YouTube videos that we make here at our company.
* Those with experience working with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Sony Vegas, etc. are preferred.
Design interns will be in charge of designing new pages, re-designing old pages, making illustrations for books, etc.
* People with a strong background in art and/or web design are preferred.
The descriptions above are only a general description of what the interns are expected to do. If you have any project ideas or something specific in mind that you would like to work on, please let us know. We are always open to new ideas~!
Even if you are not able to come to Korea, you can still apply for an internship. A lot of the work can be done from anywhere, as long as you have a computer and Internet access.
* We cannot sponsor visas for travel to Korea.
How to apply
1. Gather all needed documents:
– Self-Introduction (Must include, but not limited to, your name, age, nationality, languages spoken, and your level of fluency in Korean)
– Statement of Purpose:
- Why do you want to work at TTMIK?
- What do you hope to achieve through an internship at TTMIK?
– (If available) any documents that can prove your fluency in Korean
i.e. Korean proficiency exam scores, a list of the Korean classes you’ve taken, etc.
2. Submit all of the documents in one e-mail to [email protected] with the title “Internship Application – (Your name) – (Desired Field)”
3. Pat yourself on the back, you’ve done a good job~! … Now go study more Korean on TTMIK ^^
Thank you for always supporting TTMIK~!
We look forward to working with you!!!=D