What kind of superstitions do you have in your country? In this episode of Ask Hyojin, Hyunwoo and Hyojin talk about some common superstitions that you can find in Korea. Most young people in Korea don’t really believe in any superstitions but there are still a lot of things that people wouldn’t feel very comfortable doing because of some superstitions or because of their parents who believe in those superstitions. Find out what they are in this video!
Some of the most common superstitions in Korea
- 1. Writing someone’s name in red is believed to make that person die.
2. The number 4 is related to death.
3. Eating 미역국(seaweed soup) on an exam day will make you fail the text.
4. Dreams of pigs mean that you will have good luck with money.
5. You need to have the right “궁합” to be happily married.
If you have any questions that you’d like Hyojin to answer in the next episode, leave them in the comment below! You can also browse through and watch all the episodes of Ask Hyojinhere!